Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 22:08:02 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 24-character usernames?

Bob K wrote in list.freebsd-stable:
 > I recently wanted to try out 24-character usernames on my system.  So,
 > following the man page for adduser, I changed UT_NAMESIZE in
 > /usr/include/utmp.h to 24 from the default of 16.  I then changed
 > MAXLOGNAME in /usr/include/sys/param.h to 25, as per the comments in both
 > utmp.h and param.h.  I then made buildworld && make installworld (-j4 -O
 > -pipe only) and a new kernel (-O -pipe), and then built the various ports
 > that would need it.

Did you change it in /usr/include only?  If I'm not mistaken,
you have to change it in /usr/src/include before doing a make
world (otherwise it doesn't really take effect).

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)