Date:      Sun, 6 Sep 1998 12:20:10 -0400
From:      "Allen Smith" <easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu>
To:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith)
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Looking for feedback on xl (3c905/3c905B) driver

On Sep 1, 12:38am, Chad R. Larson (possibly) wrote:
> > This was done as part of the announcement.  It's also in the commit
> > logs, which are the authoratative reference.
> >
> > Tracking either -stable or -current without reading the logs is like
> > anything else your mother warned you about.
>
> This seems like an escalation of responsibility for the user.
>
> I've read (and agree) that tracking -stable without subscribing to the
> stable mailing list is asking for whatever you get.  I'd never heard a
> requirement for reading the CVS logs before.

If such is to be considered a possible part of the
responsibilities... might I suggest the creation of some CVS lists
that are specifically filtered for only RELENG_2_2 messages? Sure,
people can do it themselves (if we can get the blasted procmail
regexps to work right - give me Perl any day...), but that'll save on
unnecessary bandwidth wastage from sending out messages that will just
get deleted.

	-Allen

--
Allen Smith				easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu