Date:      Thu, 5 Nov 98 09:11:27 +0100
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        merlin@ghostwheel.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CVSUP for 3.0 stable?

Hello,

-Stable is for the moment based on the 2.2.x branch. It is the most
stable FreeBSD there is.
3.0 is the first release of the other branch (the -Current branch). It's
only a snapshot of the -Current branch at a certain date (wel, it's a bit
more ... but let's keep things simple)
3.0 has been released because it's almost -Stable quality, but there are
always cases which have not tested by the release team. So after a
shake-up period (up to January ?), 3.0 will be named -Stable.

For the moment, if you want to follow the development of 3.0, you can
follow -Current (I've found a "-Standard" Supfile in /usr/share/cvsup).
The tag is '.'

Hope this helps

	TfH

> I just installed 3.0-release on a clean machine.
>
> Is there a 3.0-stable branch that I should be pulling updates from?
What