Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 15:42:37 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bugfixed AMI MegaRAID driver for -stable available

> At 2:03 PM -0800 1999/12/15, Mike Smith wrote:
>
> >>  Will this make it into 3.4?
> >
> >  Obviously, no, since the code freeze was a long time ago.
>
> 	What would the options be for documenting that this is now
> available, so that people with 3.4 and wanting to use AMI MegaRAID
> drivers could put them together?  And can we assume that this will go
> into 3.5?

So far I think I'm content to post occasionally to the -stable list,
although if someone were to update whatever other resources there are out
there that point to -stable stuff, that would be OK with me.

I wouldn't want to assume anything about 3.5 just yet.  Making the Mylex
and AMI controllers bootable there is feasible but just a bit icky.