Date:      23 Jun 99 21:47:49 PDT
From:      Jesus Monroy <jesus.monroy@usa.net>
To:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Cc:        chat@bafug.org
Subject:   BAFUG Install-a-thon

I was very pleased, as jgrosch, was to see people at
the Saturday install-a-thon. However, more people are
need and I personally plan to bring 3 machine that
are blank so people can do pratice installs. =

I sending this after listening to the Tuesday afternoon
show for radio.com. It seem the enviromental group
is pushing to have PC on a mandatory recycle list, like
we currently do with bottles, cans and the such.

After some thought I considered it might be nice
take 486's, which school are refusing because of lack
of decent software and install FreeBSD. True will =

most likely more 10-16 year old hackers now, but
we can a least(with some effort from everyone) start
the long road back to making *BSD the prefered box.

I personally am willing to do the setup scripts for
this (this would me help in the BUDS project) and
do some machines. However, I'm taxed as it is =

(now going on 6-8 sleep, with perhaps 10 on weekends)
but am willing to do this if there is some response.

On the other hand if someone would like to champion
this cause they would of course have my voice and
hands.

     Any response appreciated.
     Jessem.

---
"I'd rather pay for my freedom than live in a bitmapped, =

pop-up-happy dungeon like NT."
http://www.performancecomputing.com/features/9809of1.shtml