Date:      Wed, 30 Dec 1998 18:14:41 -0500
From:      Brian Cully <shmit@kublai.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Josh Tiefenbach <josh@ican.net>
Cc:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NOW/MOSIX/Beowulf

On Wed, Dec 30, 1998 at 12:55:02PM -0800, Mike Smith wrote:
> Cool; thanks for the review.  Anyone else using either the Netscape
> server or experimenting with the OpenLDAP implementation are invited to
> speak up; this sort of input's really useful.

I've done the evaluation here for the Netscape server, and was
fairly unimpressed even though we had a simple setup (no distributed
servers, for example, and from what I understand, this is where
Netscape's main problems lie).

I've heard some very good things about OpenLDAP, but we haven't
recieved our eval copy yet. But from reading the literature about
the design and implementation, it sounds really sweet.

But then again, we've been bitten by sweet-sounding literature
before, really really badly (*pokes Gary* :-)).

--
Brian Cully						<shmit@rcn.com>
You think you're queer? I'll tell you something: we're all queer. If