Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:42:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        cptacek@sitaranetworks.com (Chris Ptacek)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG ('freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG')
Subject:   Re: Changing block and fragment size on existing partition...

> I would like to change the block, fragment, and
> minfree settings for an existing partition on my
> system.  My question is what are the steps I need
> to do in order to accomplish this?  Can I simply
> do a newfs -f 512 -b 4096 -m 15 /dev/wd0s1e or do
> I need to do some disklabel or other modifications?

Oresuming you mean a BSD partition and not a DOS partition which
is a slice in FreeBSD, eg wd0s1e (the e partition within s1 slice)
has already been created, then you only need the newfs.   Also, I
presume that you know that the newfs will wipe anything that is
already on that partition.   So backup anything important.

////jerry