Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 2004 00:37:54 +0800
From:      "greater_wyrm@yahoo.com.au" <greater_wyrm@yahoo.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   make is not working for me

forgive the newbie question please

I am trying to install a package called bpalogin (it authorises Bigpond
Broadband Cable users (Bigpond is an ISP in Australia)) and I have
followed the instructions from the
http://bpalogin.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=download

I have untarred th file and tried a make
the result is
"/usr/share/mk/bsd.own.mk", line 0: Cannot open /usr/share/mk/bsd.own.mk
"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 0: Cannot open /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk
make: fatal errors encoutered --cannot continue

I have set write permissions on both files and write and execute
permission on the Directories

I would like some pointers to what to look for.

I have a clean minimal install of 5.2

Thanks everyone