Date:      Sun, 8 Jul 2001 18:02:46 +0200
From:      "Simon Siemonsma" <simon196405@bigfoot.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   how to resolve IRQ conflict between network and audio card

I have an IRQ conflict between my NE2000 compatible network card (ISA) and
my audio card (PCI).
Both are plug and play and want to use IRQ 5.
The strange thing is that in W'2000 the NE2000 compatible card uses IRQ 10,
and the audio card uses IRQ 11 (together with my ISDN modem, the PCI to USB
controller, and my AGP graphics card. So they don't conflict there.

At the moment it is not really a big problem, but I'll need the network card
in the future to get ADSL up and running.

Does anyone has any idea on how to solve this. It is important that at the
end both cards work with freeBSD as well as with W'2000.

Best regards

Simon Siemonsma