Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 19:08:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      Espen Oyslebo <oys@powertech.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound Blaster Live digital output

I bought my SB Live Value card for about 50 bucks, thinking it was a decent price to pay for a soundcard with a digital output. Of course, it turned out that the digital output was an accessory, which cost me another $30.

At the time, I was running linux, and with the help of a nifty little tool called `dm', I was able to adjust the volume settings for the card.

The same is possible in FreeBSD using `mixer', but it will not change the digital output volume level, which is the only one I use (and no, I don't want to have to adjust the volume on my reciever/amp).

Has anyone come across a simular problem/got any idea if it's fixable?

All I've done is to rebuild my kernel after adding `options	pcm' to it, and then do a ./MAKEDEV snd0.

Thanks a lot!

Espen