Date:      Wed, 05 Jul 2000 15:39:11 +1000
From:      Harry Woodward-Clarke <Harry.Woodward-Clarke@S1.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Configure X on Dell Inspiron 3500

Hullo Lee Weng Seng,

> Maybe this question sounds odd but why would anyone want to run fbsd on a
> laptop? As for me, I use it as a test machine for web server to resides,
> while I beg for more money for an entry level PowerEdge.

Well, there are some advantages ;')

My job involves some travel, and it's nice to have my entire system with
me, not sitting under a desk back at the office - been there, done that.
Also, I am planning to 'telecommute' during the Olympics in ?10 weeks
time, so it will again be nice to have the entire suite of my system
with me.

Yes, I agree, for the same money I could have got a desktop with a
PIII-600 or faster, but I am rapidly finding the convenience of the
laptop (Dell Latitude) is wining. Anyway, FreeBSD on a PIII-450 >> WinNT
on a PIII-600 :') (not that I would run anything other than FreeBSD,
even on a desktop ;')

Yes, I do have WinNT on the laptop for 'dual-boot', but that has
recently only been to listen to a CD that my subject co-ordinator at Uni
built _specifically_ for Win32 (exe's, some "funny" video format, and
some other stuff). I can live with that.

So all in all, I'm wrapped! :') Now I have to convince my wife to let me
buy one of my very own (in the future).