Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2001 18:47:53 +0200
From:      Daniel Mpolokoso <daniel@zamnet.zm>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bridging + Squid on 4.2-STABLE

Hi,

Having cvsup'd to the latest 4.2-STABLE, I have been able to get a stable
bridge operating on my Intel 810E based system with two fxp NICs.

I am unfortunately noticing unusual behaviour when I attempt to forward
packets to squid running on port 3128. It appears packets are being
forwarded (as confirmed by ipfw -a list) but squid is not receiving them. I
have confirmed that squid is running correctly by configuring my browser to
use the bridge.

I'm essentially trying to configure a transparent web cache without going
through the process of reconfiguring IP addresses on our Cisco router. I'd
appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,

Daniel.