Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 1996 17:15:06 +0000
From:      Carlos Amengual <amengual@sadeya.cesca.es>
To:        Dave Babler <dbabler@Rigel.orionsys.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Time Servers

Dave Babler wrote:
> How does one find available time servers for use with ntpdate? The only
> applicable address I've been able to find so far is the one given me by
> my ISP, but I'd like to use several to obtain a statistical average.

Dave,

You can find a list of secondary servers at:

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/clock2.html

If you still cannot find a secondary server that is easily reachable from
your site, you could use a higher stratum server near your network (ask your
provider, for example).

This other URL points to useful NTP information:

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp/

It seems to be the best NTP Web page available now.

Hope this helps.

Carlos
Carlos Amengual - Sociedad Astronómica de España y América
Avenida Diagonal, 377, 2  -  08008 Barcelona  -  Spain
amengual@sadeya.cesca.es  -  http://www.sadeya.cesca.es/