Date:      Tue, 08 Dec 1998 18:37:23 -0500
From:      "Mark S. Reichman" <mark@borg.com>
To:        Thomas Good <tomg@nrnet.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ldconfig

If you are using 3.0 release or higher you will need
to determine if the libraries you are going to add
are elf or aout.  3.0 release has two hints files.
One for each binary format. The good thing is that
you simply add the path to the appropriate ldconfig
line in /etc/rc.conf just as the others have said.

At 08:55 AM 12/8/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I am confused about making *permanent* changes to the hints file
>for the linker.
>
># ldconfig -Rv /usr/local/pgsql/lib
>Give me the usual suspects as well as my postgres libraries.
>But this dies on shutdown.
>
>How can I add my pgsql libraries to the linker's conf file?
>I was thinking of adding the above command to rc.local but that
>seems a dodgy workaround.  There must be a better way, yes?
>Can I hard code an /etc/ld.so.conf and force ld to read it?
>
>Thanks!
>Tom
>
>    ----------- Sisters of Charity Medical Center ----------
>                    Department of Psychiatry
>                              ----
> Thomas Good, System Administrator            <tomg@q8.nrnet.org>
> North Richmond CMHC/Residential Services     Phone: 718-354-5528
> 75 Vanderbilt Ave, Quarters 8                Fax:   718-354-5056
> Staten Island, NY   10304                    www.panix.com/~ugd
>                              ----
> Powered by PostgreSQL 6.3.2 / Perl 5.004 / DBI-0.91::DBD-PG-0.69

                    \|/
                   (@ @)
  |            Mark S. Reichman         |
  |             mark@borg.com           |