Date:      Thu, 9 Oct 1997 10:31:30 -0400
From:      "Scott Siegel" <ssiegel@yesbank.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Help with FreeBSD Install

I hope someone can help me.  I am trying to install FreeBSD (minimal
install) using the DOS partition method.  I have a 486 with a 50MB Dos
partition 400MB for Unix partition.  I have downloaded all of the files in
the bin directory from the FreeBSD ftp site to the Dos partition.

Now here is the part I can't figure out.  The installation guide says to
run the install.bat file to get the installation going.  I cannot find this
file anywhere on the ftp site or in the bin directory.  I also made a boot
disk and tried installing that way, but I don't think the installation is
finding where I placed the distribution files and it does not boot
correctly.

If anyone has any suggestions on how I should proceed I would greatly
appreciate it!