Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 1996 20:14:11 -0600 (CST)
From:      ptroot@uswest.com (Paul T. Root)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   creating handbook

Ok, I took the handbook down to my FreeBSD machine, used /stand/sysinstall
to install tex-3.1415 and latex-2.09 and this is what I get:

> This is TeX, Version 3.1415 (C version 6.1)
> (Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

When I pkg_delete latex-2.09 and installed lates2e, I tried
building the handbook, and I get the same errors as on
my Sparc, on Contents or cross-links.

What's going on?

And how do you use pkg_add (100 words or less, ok I haven't really
RTFM).

Paul.

--
Paul T. Root - USWEST !NTERPRISE Networking Service	proot@acs.uswest.com

I hear there's some exciting developments in rubber squeak toys! - The Tick