Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 2003 23:34:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Josh Brooks <user@mail.econolodgetulsa.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFW2 and count rules ... broken ?

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to ipfw2 running on 4.7-RELEASE.  It seems to
be working fine.

However, my count rules ... aren't working well at all.  I have clear and
correct testing that shows that many count rules do not increment at all
when traffic is clearly flowing.  For instance:

count ip from 10.10.10.10 to any

and

count ip from any to 10.10.10.10

If you insert those rules and then hit a web page on 10.10.10.10, you can
hit that page lot and not have the counter for rule 1 increment at all.

I set a ping job pinging it for a while, and it incremented then ... but
http traffic will not increment it.  No, this is not a proxy or caching
issue - I was trying pages and links that had never been used on my local
computer before.

So does anyone know of any problems with count rules in ipfw2 ?