Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 00:38:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Philip M. Gollucci" <gollucci@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Wayne Fu <waynefu@cse.unsw.edu.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.2

Ah i see.
  If I remember correctly, the major problem is that lib<something>3.so
didn't build on it.
  If you are not installing it onto an existing server, I suggest using
3.4 or even 3.5 since its what you can get.
  I am not aware of an major format changes... Just extra support for
device drivers.  Meaning that what the problem lies in is that their code
is kernel specific.
   I do see that they have 3.0 still available from the master site and
that here is a version for that specifically.
ftp://ftp.freeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/branches/3.0-stable/
   If worse comes to worse, I believe, you can back order the CDROM
Walnut Creek.

Hope that helps

Philip M. Gollucci (p6m7g8)
Web-site    : http://www.p6m7g8.com
E-mail      : gollucci@wam.umd.edu
	      Philip@p6m7g8.com
Phone       : 301.249.6261 (Home)
	      301.   .	   (College)
Major       : Computer Science
	      Electrical Engineering
Minor	    : Classical & Jazz Performance
Current Job : Co Science, Discovery, & the Universe Webmaster
Resume	    : http://www.wam.umd.edu/~gollucci/resume.html