Date:      Fri, 7 May 2004 17:10:12 -0600
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Don Bowman <don@sandvine.com>
Cc:        "'scsi@freebsd.org'" <scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: AAC 2200s and firmware 7244

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 18:52:24 -0400, Don Bowman wrote:
> [...]

On a slightly-related topic, any idea what sort of performance have you
been able to get out of the 2200S?  (The number of disks and what kind of
array(s) you have would be helpful to know.)

I'm mainly wondering about sequential performance, since random performance
is harder to gage.

e.g., with my Adaptec 5400S/HP NetRAID 4M, I can get about 92MB sequential
read performance with a 6 disk RAID-5, and up to 50MB/sec sequential write
performance on the same array.

With a RAID-1 array composed of the same disks, I can get 66MB/sec read
performance, and up to about 30MB/sec write performance.

(I'm using Seagate ST373307LC disks -- 73GB, 10K RPM.)

This is with -current from late February.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@kdm.org