Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 1996 11:26:03 -0400
From:      "John Ko" <jko@khan.autometric.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multiple ethernet (cogent em400)

EM400 is a PCI-brdige version which contains 4 100mpb dec chips.
During boot phase, de0 is set up OK, but during
the check for de1, de2, and de3 there is message
about the kernel not configured for multiple NIC's.

What's the trick to get the kernel to configure the others?

Another question, I can't get the de0 to work.
ping reports hosts down.  I tried a single ethernet card and
it works fine.  Anyone have experience with the EM400?

jko