Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 12:14:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      HighWind Software Information <info@highwind.com>
To:        lists@tar.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recent 3.0's are Depressing

   Hmm..  I ran your test program and it works ok here.  It blocks for
   15 seconds, and pthread_cond_timewait returns ETIMEDOUT.  I'm not
   running the most current kernel and system, but I did update libc_r
   to -current as of yesterday.

   dick@ns$ uname -a
   FreeBSD ns.tar.com 3.0-BETA FreeBSD 3.0-BETA #15: Sat Sep 26 11:33:35 CDT 1998

This makes me worry:

Both of us are on the "latest" libc_r and we see different results.
Statically linking an old libc_r into the application didn't fix the problem.

This makes me think it isn't "libc_r".

Any of the kernel folks or more knowledgable folks get a chance to try that
program on the latest/greatest kernel + latest/greatest libc_r?

-Rob