Date:      Sun, 7 Aug 2016 00:19:13 +0700
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.net>
To:        Ultima <ultima1252@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rc scripts new login_class, default can break old rc scripts

07.08.2016 0:10, Ultima пишет:
>   I recently upgraded one of my boxes to FreeBSD 11 r303750 (beta-3). After
> the upgrade I noticed that one of the services would no longer start...
>
>   After digging into it, I found that the new var ${name}_login_class var's
> defaults to the daemon login class and by default, the daemon class
> resource limit on memory is set to 128M. This maybe an issue for old rc
> scripts.
>
> So my question is this, should old rc scripts adapt to this new default, or
> should the default be changed to avoid issues like I just found? The port
> this issue was found is audio/teamspeak3-server. If installed on FreeBSD
> 11+ it will fail to start with...
> 2016-08-06 17:07:27.946432|CRITICAL|ServerLibPriv |   |Server()
> DatabaseError out of memory

The meaning of default limit it that it should enforce strict limit my default,
so runaway process could not harm other processess.

If a port maker knows this particular server generally consumes more memory,
it should change default limit to suitable value using rc script. If not,
that is responsibility of local administrator to change limit for its own
installation and system/port maker should supply administrator with means to do so.