Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2000 03:13:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ken Seggerman <suleyman@echonyc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pccard ethernet allocation fails for 3Com Megahertz

Greetings:

I have 3.1 running on a Toshiba Satellite with the PAO package. I
purchased a 3Com Megaherz ethernet card after reading the list of
compatible cards.

I have the the following section in my pccard.conf:

# 3Com Fast Etherlink 3C574B
card "3Com" "Megahertz 574B"
        config  auto "ep0" any 0x1
        insert  logger -s 3Com 3C574B inserted
        insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device
        remove  logger -s 3Com 3C574B removed
        remove  /etc/pccard_ether_remove $device

copied verbatim from the sample on the PAO page after checking that the
CIS tuples match exactly.

I get the following messages:

pccardd[50]: Card "3Com"("Megahertz 574B") [B] [001]
 matched "3Com" ("Megahertz 574B") [(null)] [(null)]
pccard[50]: Resource allocation failure for "3Com"("Megahertz 574B") [B]
[001]; Reason I/O block allocation failed

There is no ep0 in /dev. Should there be? Do I use .MAKEDEV? Rebuild the
kernel? Change the config line in pccard.conf?

The PAO3 Supported Cards page says that this model works with the ep
driver.

Any ideas?

My Xircom Credit Card Modem works fine.

Ken Seggerman