Date:      Mon, 09 Sep 2002 18:22:08 +0100
From:      Santos <casd@myrealbox.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem Report kern/28418, problems with X in AMD mobos

Hi. I'm having some problems related to XFree86. I think that bug is not
dead yet.
Any try to make X work, will result in freeze or panic. "XFree86
-configure" results in an immediate system panic, startx results in a
blank screen and a reset button press. Fortunately after searching
google groups i found a trick that made X's problems stop. Inserting
return; between these lines (in line 291+-):
u_int           cr4save;

mrd = sc->mr_desc;

so:

u_int           cr4save;
return;
mrd = sc->mr_desc;

Is there any secondary effects for this ?
The weird part, is that X was working 3-4 days before, problably X's
problems start after a make world. I installed 4.6.2 and it was working
fine, then after 1 or 2 world rebuilds, problems start to appear.

I'm running STABLE
AMD XP 2000
ASUS A7V333 - BIOS 1007
Abit G4 MX 440