Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 21:09:44 -0400
From:      Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>
To:        Paul Robinson <paul@akita.co.uk>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Network performance tuning.

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 05:55:39PM +0100, Paul Robinson wrote:
> When I asked about SACK about 18 months ago (IIRC), the general consensus
> was that it was a pile of crap, and that FBSD SHOULDN'T implement it if
> possible. I however, agree that there are a lot of things in SACK that would
> massively benefit FBSD's net performance.

Does anyone know if Luigi's patches at http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/sack.html
ever got wider use than his own testing?  It looks like it was written some
time ago, and if people have been running it since then there might be some
real world data.

If it helps, it could be a win for web servers, as it appers Win98 has SACK
on by default.

--
Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org
Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440