Date:      Wed, 25 May 2011 19:44:42 +0200
From:      Daniel Hartmeier <daniel@benzedrine.cx>
To:        Damien Fleuriot <ml@my.gd>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DEBUG - analysing core dumps

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 06:36:49PM +0200, Damien Fleuriot wrote:

> I am not sure what steps I should follow to get more information ?

Rebuild the port with debug information, as in

  # cd /usr/ports/sysutils/rsyslog4
  # WITH_DEBUG=1 make package

And install that on the target host. Then repeat the gdb backtrace.

If you are using disk spool files, try removing them before the start,
I've seen rsyslogd die like that due to corrupted spool files...

HTH,
Daniel