Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 19:02:07 -0400
From:      DrAcO <XDrAcOX@mci2000.COM>
To:        newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing X-Windows

I am new to the FreeBSD "enviroment", and am only 15 at the time so
forgive me if I sound kind of  "out of it" right now.  I recently
installed FreeBSD 2.2.6 on my laptop (Toshiba 430CDS) and am having
trouble running X-Windows.  When X-Windows comes up, it seems like an
older version.  When I ran RedHat Linux 4.2, my X-Windows background was
green and it had a start menu, etc., etc.  However, my FreeBSD X-Windows
is grey, has no start menu, and the colors are different.  The X-Term
windows is actually white!  In X-Windows configuration, I have selected
the right graphics card, screen resolution, and everything is correct,
but when I startx it looks the same.  I installed FreeBSD from a
CD-ROM.  I was wondering if someone could help me figure out what the
problem is?
            Thanks,
                John.