Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 2002 21:58:54 +0200
From:      Andrea Campi <andrea@webcom.it>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   libical port

[Please Cc: me as I'm not currently subscribed to the list]

Hi all,

I am one of the developers in the libical projects
(http://www.softwarestudio.org/libical/) and I'm trying to make sure the
library compiles cleanly on FreeBSD and to write a port. At the moment
I'm stuck because of a few problems.

First of all, to build the library we need to call in sequence:

aclocal
automake -a
autoconf
configure

autoconf must be version 2.53, and the generated configure doesn't run
on FreeBSD without a patch (ltconfig gets called with --no-verify and no
host type).
After I fix that, there still is the issue of -pthread vs -lpthread...

Since I'm not familiar with any of these tools, this is really above me.
If anybody is interested in seeing this library ported to FreeBSD, could
you contact me with suggestions on how to fix these issues in the
distribution, or if that's not possible, on how to to work around them in
a port?
I don't want to sound like I want to save myself some work; it's just that
I really want to see FreeBSD fully supported in the next release which is
just a few days away.

Bye,
	Andrea

--