Date:      19 Apr 2000 02:10:58 -0400
From:      Arcady Genkin <a.genkin@utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   kernel config wd0 -> ad0?

I'm upgrading 3.4-S to 4.0-S. I've cvsup'ed the sources with:
src-all tag=RELENG_4
cvs-crypto tag=RELENG_4

made buildworld, buildkernel, and installkernel for GENERIC. I also
created /dev/ad[02]s1[a-h].

However, one thing keeps me in doubt. I assume that since the entries
in /dev changed, so should the device names in the kernel config
file. Grepping in GENERIC and LINT for ad0 produced no results. LINT
contains an entry for wd0, while GENERIC doesn't. Is this alright? Did
these files get updated with cvsup at all? ;^)

How would I specify the IDE controllers and drives in the config file
for the new kernel?

,----[ My current kernel config file ]
| controller      wdc0    at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 flags 0x90ff90ff
| disk            wd0     at wdc0 drive 0
|
| controller      wdc1    at isa? port "IO_WD2" bio irq 15 flags 0xb0ffb0ff
| disk            wd2     at wdc1 drive 0
`----

Thanks!
--