Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2000 08:31:20 -0700 (MST)
From:      "David A. Bader" <dbader@eece.unm.edu>
To:        apina@infolink.com.br
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make world on 4.2-R breaking

I'm convinced that it is NOT a memory or CPU problem, because
 A) the problem is 100% repeatable
 B) my machine has NO prior history of any problems (never had an
    application or OS failure before)
 C) Several other messages to FreeBSD lists have "make world" breaking
    at this exact same spot with this exact same error.
 D) When I watch "top" at the same time as this particular compile, it
    is clear that the memory and CPU are not stressed.

While it's nice and easy to blame the CPU and Memory, if I had to bet
a dollar...

However, if you want me to rule out a memory problem, sure, send me
the DOS program, although my system is a Microsoft-virgin.

Thanks,
-david