Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 1999 08:34:30 +0800
From:      Gong Wei <ccegongw@nus.edu.sg>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   *BSD init scripts

------_=_NextPart_000_01BEB5FD.A55BEDF2

Hi,

I have a special requirement for starting and shutting down a particular
daemon.  For starting up no problem, I can create a file abc.sh in
/usr/local/etc/rc.d.  But what about shutting down the daemon?  It cannot be
simply killed by -15 or -9.  Some custom action must be taken place before
the daemon got killed.

Is there any way to achieve this?  I tried to put in some instructions in
/etc/rc.shutdown, but it seems that this script (rc.shutdown) didn't get
called at all if I use reboot/shutdown -r now/shutdown -h now/halt to stop
the system.

However, if I press Ctl-Alt-Del this script did get called.

I am using Release 3.2 on Intel platform, if this matters.

------_=_NextPart_000_01BEB5FD.A55BEDF2
	filename="Gong Wei.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Wei;Gong;;;
FN:Gong Wei
ORG:National University of Singapore;
TITLE:Analyst Programmer
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+65 8746421
TEL;PAGER;VOICE:+65 94963742
TEL;WORK;FAX:+65 7780198
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;Computer Centre=0D=0ANational University of Singapore=0D=0A2 Engineering D=
rive 4;Singapore;;117584;Singapore
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Computer Centre=0D=0ANational University of Singapore=0D=0A2 Engineering Dri=
ve 4=0D=0ASingapore,  117584=0D=0ASingapore
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:ccegongw@nus.edu.sg
REV:19990518T103531Z
END:VCARD

------_=_NextPart_000_01BEB5FD.A55BEDF2--