Date:      03 Mar 2003 12:47:11 +0100
From:      Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
To:        "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-gnome <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Is it allow port to do the CVS checkout by itself?

hi mezz,

take a look at the porters guide:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/index.html
and http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/porting.html for gnome-specials.

what you are searching for is shar and send-pr. joe or a or a other
person who has rights to commit the port put the in the ports tree.

and yes, the Makefile you include all knobs better everything needed by
the ports.

you can check you port with
devel/portlint: A verifier for FreeBSD port directory

franz.