Date:      Wed, 09 Apr 1997 22:52:56 -0700
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Anthony.Kimball@east.sun.com, smp@csn.net, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pentuim or Pentuim Pro ?

>Tony Kimball stands accused of saying:
>> Quoth Steve Passe on Wed, 9 April:
[...]
>> cache or random uncached locations, SDRAM is a wash.  For my own
>> typical applications, the REAL WORLD performance of SDRAM is
>> substantially better than FPM/EDO/BEDO.

>Hmm, we don't see this.  I would call anything that deals with the output
[...]

I would also caution against lumping BEDO in there with FPM and EDO.
If you can believe Micron (the largest US RAM producer), BEDO has just
as much potential as SDRAM, and isn't as radically different of a
design.  Have you actually tested your hardware with BEDO?

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net