Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 23:25:45 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Don Tait <oak.island@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hmmmm

[-- message slightly reformatted --]

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 08:27:09AM -0700, Don Tait wrote:
> Can I install freebsd now that I am already running Win98 ...Without
> partioning or uninstalling the Win system?

The short answer is 'depends'.  The longer answer is one of:

a) Yes, on a separate hard disk.  With the low prices of disks nowadays, this
   is by far the safest option you have.

b) Yes, if you can use PartitionMagic to resize your Windows partition to make
   some free space for BSD.  I don't know much about PartitioMagic, since I do
   not use neither this nor Windows, but I've heard several people's success
   stories with partitions resized by PartitionMagic.

- giorgos