Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2007 19:48:06 +0100
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Failover-HA-Setup

--------------enig5BFB29E29AB9BC04E5039787

Richard wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 17.01.2007, 16:08 +0200 schrieb Nikos Vassiliadis:

>> I remember that heartbeat can call any script you it tell to.
>> So, you have to let heartbeat start MySQL. rc will just start
>> heartbeat.
> Yes, you are right, and exactly that was my problem. It didn't start.

Hmm, do you have more information - in which way did it fail? rc.d
scripts (including those for mysql) bring in variables via rc.subr:

----
#
# Add the following line to /etc/rc.conf to enable mysql:
# mysql_enable (bool):  Set to "NO" by default.
#                       Set it to "YES" to enable MySQL.
# mysql_limits (bool):  Set to "NO" by default.
#                       Set it to yes to run `limits -e -U mysql`
#                       just before mysql starts.
# mysql_dbdir (str):    Default to "/var/db/mysql"
#                       Base database directory.
# mysql_args (str):     Custom additional arguments to be passed
#                       to mysqld_safe (default empty).
#

=2E /etc/rc.subr

name=3D"mysql"
rcvar=3D`set_rcvar`

load_rc_config $name

: ${mysql_enable=3D"NO"}
: ${mysql_limits=3D"NO"}
: ${mysql_dbdir=3D"/var/db/mysql"}
: ${mysql_args=3D""}
----

Are you saying this part has failed, or that you don't have the proper
variables in /etc/rc.conf?