Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 1996 17:39:13 -0500
From:      dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
To:        Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pppd vs ijppp

>[ Dennis doing the work to bring in the features of user-PPP into kernel-PPP ]
>
>> We made a corporate decision some time ago not to do software only
>> solutions (as we had done before we built our sync boards) shortly
>> after the theft to sales ratio topped 10 to 1. I suspect that the
>> ratio of a ppp product might be more like 250 to 1. No thanks. Maybe
>> when i retire and get tired of leisure activities......
>
>Who spoke anything about your company doing it, or anything to do with
>money.  I was hoping you'd return some of the benefits FreeBSD has given
>you by doing it for free, like the rest of us. :)

yeah, right!  You dont see too many hackers in NY...maybe because we have to
work all the time to
pay our mortgages and taxes....... Contributions can be made in other ways.
I promote the
O/S...which is not nothing..If I wanted to contribute to something it would
be to make LINUX better, because theres
a lot more market there. But I like freebsd...

db
Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous Communications Cards and Routers For
Discriminating Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame
Relay, PPP, HDLC, and X.25