Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:21:41 -0500
From:      James Halstead <jah4007@cs.rit.edu>
To:        Christopher Masto <chris@masto.com>, Thomas Yengst <yengst@photon.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: cups-1.1.10.1

Yes, as with anytime tools are installed that conflict with native ones, this
is a problem. You may be able to remove binaries safely, but not sure if kde
will like having the libraries and headers pulled out from under it.

Perhaps the kde people would be able to remove the dependency by default, and
only install cups when WITH_CUPS is defined at build time? That will probably
effect the build, but there may be a way around it. Personally, I think that
kde forcing everybody that to install cups is not the best idea for exactly
the reason here.

James