Date:      13 Feb 2001 14:29:24 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Make world - selecting what will be made

Hi all,

I'm trying to upgrade to 4.2-STABLE

I have done the cvsup according to the handbook, and I'm now ready to
do the make world. Couple of questions....

1. Is there any way to ensure that some software is not built (eg
sendmail) ?

2. Is there any way to specify an alternative package to a current one
(eg exim for sendmail)?

3. Do I have to do a make installworld when make world is finished?

4. Is there any way to build with optimisations for a PIII? like -O6
or --march-i686 ?

TIA,

--
- Wayne Pascoe