Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 1998 19:05:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec Buys Symbios?

Actually, this was brought up a while ago in -scsi (or was it
aic7xxx@freebsd.org?)  My understanding was that the deal was done and
official.

These are completely wild guesses, but they might (probably?) make a line
of inexpensive SCSI adapters based on the Symbios chips, sort of like what
they did with the old Future Domain adapters (i.e. the AHA-2910/2920).  Or
it is also possible that they will basically leave Symbios alone -- "you
do things your way, just rmember that we own you now, and you have to put
'subsidiary of Adaptec' on your website/documentation/etc.'"

Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com> - Ask me for my PGP key | PGP: Your
WWW HomePage: http://DonaldBurr.base.org/  ICQ #1347455 | right to
Address: P.O. Box 91212, Santa Barbara, CA 93190-1212   | 'Net privacy.
Phone: (805) 957-9666    FAX: (800) 492-5954            | USE IT.