Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:02:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        ripley@nostromo.in-berlin.de (H. Eckert), freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Little question (offtopic)

> It's an advansys controller and it works fine.

No, it's an Adaptec Controller, and it don't work for crap:
gndrsh:root {241}# man 4 adv
DESCRIPTION
     This driver provides access to the 8bit SCSI bus connected to the Ad-
     vanced Systems Products, Inc.  ASC900, ASC1000, ASC1090, ASC1200,
     ASC3050, and ASC3150 host adapter chips.  The following tables list the
     AdvanSys products using these chips, their bus attachment type, maximum
     sync rate, and the maximum number of commands that can be handled by the
     adapter concurrently.

           Connectivity Products:

           Adapter       Bus   Floppy      MaxSync   Commands  Footnotes
           ABP510/5150   ISA     No         10MHz       240    1
           ABP5140     ISA PnP   No         10MHz       16     1, 3
           ABP5142     ISA PnP   Yes        10MHz       16     4
           ABP920        PCI     No         10MHz       16
           ABP930        PCI     No         10MHz       16     5
           ABP930U       PCI     No         20MHz       16
           ABP930UA      PCI     No         20MHz       16
           ABP960        PCI     No         10MHz       16     2
           ABP960U       PCI     No         20MHz       16     2

No AVA 2904's in there, and like someone else already posted, these are
SCSI cards for running scanners mostly...  They are kinda a PCI version
of the AIC-6260/6360 chip used on the Adaptec AH152x, 1504, etc.

Rod Grimes - KD7CAX - (RWG25)                    rgrimes@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net