Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 23:08:51 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Dmitry Koltsov <root@hostonfly.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache/TCP stack issues

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Dmitry Koltsov wrote:

> I'm running on 4.4-stable
>
> I have 1-3 connections in queue and in the same time I have "listen queue overflows" counter growing.
> How it may be?
>
> Current listen queue sizes (qlen/incqlen/maxqlen)
> Listen         Local Address
> 1/1/128        216.65.107.31.80

Well, the listen queue may be occasionally spiking due to network latency.
You're probably not going to be able to observe such an event via netstat
because the bursts are probably quite short.

You could increase the listen queue length (via a sysctl I've now
forgotten), or update to 4.5-stable.

If this is just a load test and not real usage, you could also ignore the
problem for now; you'll have to make the determination.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack