Date:      Tue, 05 Apr 2005 07:04:59 -0500
From:      Jay Hall <jhall@vandaliamo.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mpd as a dial-up server

I am in the process of adding dial-up capabilities to the FreeBSD
servers I maintain so in the event of a problem, if the server starts, I
can at least dial in and see what is wrong and hopefully correct the
problem.

I already have mpd in place for the VPN connections.  Is it possible to
use mpd with cu or tip as a dial-in solution?

At this point in time, I have been able to connect to the FreeBSD
server, but only see garbage on the screen.  My guess is that I have
conflicting modem settings on each end, but I wanted to make sure what I
was doing would work before continuing.

Thanks for your help.

Jay