Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 1997 16:19:31 -0600 (CST)
From:      Kevin Day <toasty@home.dragondata.com>
To:        scrappy@hub.org (The Hermit Hacker)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BackPack CDrom?

> Anyone ever use of of these?  Do we support it?  Is there something in the
> kernel config that I have to setup to enable it?
>
> Its a CDrom that hangs off the parallel port, put out by Microsolutions?
>
> Thanks...

I've tried writing a driver for a custom OS in the past...

Not only is each model's interface completely different (i.e. the 2x and 4x
have different interfaces, and the 6x is even weirder, etc...) but it's
really really timing sensitive, making any attempt to program the beast to
be a big pain.

The 6x was the fastest drive out when I stopped even trying, so things may
have changed since then.

As far as I know, there's no support anywhere for these.

Kevin