Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 2013 08:17:53 -0300
From:      Sergio de Almeida Lenzi <lenzi.sergio@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GNOME 3 and MATE

Wow!!

I did not switched to gnome3 even on laptop linux
because of a lot of "new"  things that are uncompatible with gnome2,
indeed, I have built a gnome2 enviroment for linux (archlinux) running
on the
latest kernel (3.9.10). works like a charm.....

Now the list points me to the Mate desktop, that is just wat I
was waiting for,...

Even with gnome2.32 I have not found an application that does not runs
on the
2.32 version,

Congratulations to the Mate team...   I will build a FreeBSD
distribution
based on Mate this week...

Thank you all for the information

Sergio