Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:37:54 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        zeus@tetronsoftware.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xlib.h Question

In message <51F9B228ED26D311A17700A0C9982664010AA6@tetboss.tetronsoftware.com> "Gene Harris" writes:
: The following includes incorrectly specify an X11 subdirectory:
:
: #include <X11/X.h>

No.  You are wrong.  That include is 100% correct.  It is the
documented way to include X.h, and has been since at least X11R2 when
I started doing X programming, and likely dates back to X11R1 (but I
doubt it dates to X10R4, which is the first version of X I used, but
didn't program in).

: If I edit out the "X11/" subdir, everything compiles correctly.  Is
: this a known bug, or have I placed Xlib.h in the wrong subdir?  (It is
: found in /usr/X11R6/include/X11 on my machine.)

The bug here is that you likely did a -I/usr/X11R6/include/X11 where
you should have done a -I/usr/X11R6/include.  This is a bug in your
code, not in the X code.

Warner