Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 2015 09:01:39 +1300
From:      Peter Toth <peter.toth198@gmail.com>
To:        jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: preferred jail management tool
References:  <CACfj5vKjiQHsy9VbOKFFcrBpyr3dmbkOOxTxCYhSyZrnrjRiaQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAHieY7TyxzC0aK-ErY2EbCmTJPykk_9G7Gd=CrZ9yxQ-77PynA@mail.gmail.com> <20150127012347.GA4940@lonesome.com> <20150127141239.V77290@sola.nimnet.asn.au> <54C7958B.40007@gmail.com> <54C7C828.4070703@erdgeist.org> <14943.128.135.70.2.1422381245.squirrel@cosmo.uchicago.edu> <54C7D371.9010609@erdgeist.org> <13934.128.135.70.2.1422383293.squirrel@cosmo.uchicago.edu>

A good start could be to leverage something like sysrc(8) for jail
configuration (as someone already suggested).
Also, nothing enforces the explicit use of jail.conf or reliance on it (it
is just another way to set up jails).
The most important part is jail(8) and properties can be passed to jail(8)
very easily.

This is the very reason I stopped relying on any rc.d/jai or jail.conf for
iocage. It is much easier/simpler to add/modify features when dealing with
jail(8) directly.