Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 1996 17:09:03 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        lerland@icrt.demon.co.uk
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help: FreeBSD 2.1 'mount' fails on 2.0 SCSI partition

>>>>> "Lars G. Erlandsen" <lerland@icrt.demon.co.uk> writes:

[Very lengthy explanation elided]

If I understand correctly, the problem is something like this:-

 wd0 DOS slice, FreeBSD-2.1.0 root partition
 sd0 not relevant here
 sd1 dedicated FreeBSD-2.0 disk with a trashed root partition, but a
                             /usr partition with valuable data in it.

 System will boot off FreeBSD partition on wd0, but on attempting to
 mount /dev/sd1s1d, gives errors about "overlapping partitions" and
 mounts the trashed root partition instead! How to recover data from
 /usr?

I don't really know what to suggest here - I remember seeing someone
posting about an FTP site with 2.0 and 2.0.5 on it, but I don't have
the details any more.

Anyone else?

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland