Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 2010 02:18:48 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        frederic.perrin@resel.fr
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6 aliases: one doesn't work, the other do

----Security_Multipart(Mon_Apr_26_02_18_48_2010_991)--

Fr=E9d=E9ric Perrin <frederic.perrin@resel.fr> wrote
  in <20100425183825.2ee419d3@girafe.home>:

fr> Hello,
fr> =

fr> I have a box running 8.0-RELEASE on i386. It has several jails, eac=
fr> one being given an IPv6 alias. I notice that some jails can be reac=
hed
fr> from the outside, others can't. Conversely, if I set as the source
fr> address alias1, nothing comes back; it I set as the source address
fr> alias2, it works as expected. The following transcript may be clear=
er:
fr> =

fr> This is happening on papillon, the host (meaning not a jail), after=
fr> fresh reboot.

 Did you get the same results of traceroute6 lines even before setting
 up the jails, or only after it?  I am interested in whether this
 symptom appears or not when just adding IPv6 aliases to vr0 and no
 jail.

-- Hiroki