Date:      Wed, 2 Jan 2002 21:53:12 -0500
From:      "Dillion Klein" <dillionklein@hotpop.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freeBSD.org>
Subject:   Quad Boot, Multiple Partitions, Two Drives Possible?

Greetings,

I am attempting to install FreeBSD 4.4 without damaging/altering the data
on my first drive, that is if my hardware is compatible:

Epox 8KHA+ w/ 10/11 BIOS
X2 IBM 40GB 60GXP HD's
Asus V7100 32MB GeForce2MX 400
512MB Crucial DDR Mem
Netgear FA310TX NIC
LG 16x10x40 CD-R
Pioneer 10X DVD
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound card

Right now, I have 8 partitions on Drive 0, a mix of NTFS and FAT32, with a
tri-boot of Win98SE, Win2K Pro, WinXP Pro, without any problems.

Drive 1 has two partitions right now (just set it up), starting with a 10GB
and
20GB FAT32.  would like to install FeeBSD on my second hard drive, to keep
it away from my Windows world and I ould still like to be able to use some
sort
of boot manager/OS selecter.

I have since this GRUB port fly by on the list, but do I need to install the
OS first
and sort of install Grub after so it recognizes that I have multiple OSes?

The key is not to interupt all the data on my first drive...  which is why
the second
drive is empty and ready to rock.

Thanks, I really appreciate any help.

--Dillion