Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 12:13:15 +0930
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        "Robert F. Ross" <rross@recourse.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: green vs. native threads

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 09:48:46AM -0700, Robert F. Ross wrote:
> On the suggestion from people here about using native threads instead of
> green threads I tried running the VM with -native. I never managed to get
> select() or poll() behaving right through JNI with green threads. With
> native threads, they appear to behave exactly as they should. The problem
> is, with native threads my java process eats 100% CPU. When I try to
> attach with gdb to see where this is happening, it appears to always
> attach with a backtrace of:

Have you tried running it under GDB rather than just attaching to the
process?  This is quite simple to do -- just set the environment
variable DEBUG_PROG to gdb.  I'd also recommend trying to duplicate
the problem with java_g rather than java, you'll get much more useful
gdb information that way.

--
Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Web   : http://www.eyesbeyond.com